Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Still riding along

It has been a long time since my last post. My XS400 has been running great and I've been driving it a lot with no hassle. I changed the oil once, but nothing else has needed any maintenance or adjustment.

There are two minor problems that have cropped up:
  • When I was swiping gas for my lawn mower, I saw that the petcock was flowing fuel when there is no vacuum applied. I think I'm going to get a new mechanical-style petcock (part #20-0019) to replace it.
  • It has a minor oil leak that leaves a few drips. I can't really tell where it's coming from -- the clutch activation O-ring, the kick starter seal, the wires coming off of the clutch pack (I presume for the starter disconnect circuit), or the neutral indicator switch. I need to tear it apart to see where it's coming from.
My fuel economy has been almost 50MPG, riding exclusively in the city. I tried running a tankful driving as gingerly as possible, and I still got about 48MPG, so I've been riding the bike in a more entertaining manner with no noticable changes to fuel economy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home