Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Shock Update

My Harley shocks arrived. They are the right length, but they don't fit because the eyelets are too wide (if measured perpendicular to the diameter). I tried to show what I mean in the picture, but it's kind of hard to see (click for a larger version):





This is problematic on the bottom because the shock is held on by a stud, which isn't long enough to stick through the shock eyelet and thread a nut on...but the stud should be replaceable...the real problem is at the top, because the top of the shock fits into a metal pocket in the frame, and the new shock's eyelet is too wide to fit in the pocket.

I still haven't decided if it would be better to sell she shocks and get something more appropriate, or if I should try grinding down the eyelet width...I'm not crazy about either idea. In the mean time, the shocks are sitting in my garage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home