Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Fuel Petcock

I got the universal fuel petcock I mentioned in a previous post from the local motorcycle shop for about $15. Unfortunately the universal mounting blank was a ridiculous $27. All it is a 1-inch by 3-inch by .25-inch, chrome plated, bronze bar with a 3/8 NPT threaded hole in the middle.

For $27, I can buy a bronze bar, a 3/8 NPT tap and matching 37/64" drill bit and have money left over. Plus, I'll be able to thread everything in the house to accept 3/8 NPT fittings >:-). I don't think I'll be too sad if my fuel petcock mounting bracket isn't chrome plated.

Right now my bike is out of commission with the fuel tap off...it was surprisingly nerve wracking to run the tank completely out of fuel. I'd like to actually fix the petcock before I fill it with fuel again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home